Here are the most important things that can be done to help any business save money with dishwashers.
1. Always train your employees to never start a load of dishes until the rack is full. Washing only half of a load uses a lot of energy, so it makes sense to wait until it is full before using that much energy.
2. It is important that you check the temperature of the water. You can get a dishwasher thermometer to help you check it. It is a good idea to check it during the rinse cycle on a regular basis.
This is really important on high temperature washers because you want to make sure the temperature is 180 degrees Fahrenheit for every cycle. This can help you save energy because you can adjust the water temperature to be sure it is not running to cold or too hot, but at 180 degrees at all times.
3. Did you know that you can adjust the water temperature on your water heater to ensure you are minimizing wasting water? It doesn't matter if you have a booster heater, commercial water heater or even an internal tank heater, all of these can be adjusted. You want to keep checking the temperature of the water heater because as you use it more, the water temp can change, so you will need to adjust it as this happens.
4. Get in the habit at night of turning off the tank heaters and the booster heaters. These units will keep heating water overnight and this will waste quite a bit of energy. If you turn them off at night and back on in the morning, then you will be able to save a lot of energy instead.
5. Always check the water pressure on a regular basis. If it says that you are using more than 25 pounds per square inch or PSI, then this means that you are wasting energy by using too much water. Most dishwashers only use 20 PSI. It is always a good idea to check with the manufacturer to find out what the best PSI is and then adjust it accordingly.
These are the most important things you can do to help you conserve energy when using commercial dishwashers. There are also other things that you can do to save energy that you can learn about with a little research. The smart thing to do is to get in the habit of doing these things and others that you learn about to be sure you are saving money every month; instead of spending what you don't need to.